Blew my setup yesterday ....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
spitzer said:
coldamp supply repaired for you good. big volt rail off balance like sold to you not matter maybe for class d amp, but not all amp selling supply to can be class d. Still class d in clipping like any amp for can show supply unbalance to speaker direct because from no more control at clip. This can to giving speaker big slam with agrevate pump action for d amp for increasing offset until supply trip shutdown if having so. Maybe that ugly action what hurt filter speaking. Is coldamp to doing recall on bad supply or first having break more filter? Unbalance also hurt equilib thermals of amp and aging half side more for other.

Hi,
sorry for not answering promptly.

My filter issue was mechanical, and not a consequence of bad electronics, AFAIK.
The issues with the electronics came from the filter issue.
- Again, AFAIK. ;)

As i've said before I don't really think any parts was out of spec's, but the sum of it caused the issues.

Coldamp has been very helpful and prompt in adjusting the output voltages, I couldn't be happier.

BR
Erland

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.