Blast from the past....Suzy Chang's...need plans!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to find a set of drawings for the Suzy Chang's. Specifically for the Suzy's that were modified to accept the original BOFU. (I finally just gave up and found a NIB pair for a great price)
Maybe Gy Has a set of drawings?
I looked on the FH "spawn" site, but any Suzy drawings are archived.

Any help available out there!!!!

Thanks guys,
Madcap

Here you go:

***copyright material removed by Moderation***

I have done OB with that driver crossed over to a tweeter 2nd order, very good,clean, open. some say without a dustcap the driver needs no tweeter but I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
>>> I have done OB with that driver crossed over to a tweeter 2nd order, very good,clean, open. some say without a dustcap the driver needs no tweeter but I doubt it.

If they still made the B20 I would have purchased more. My son has these in his room and loves them! That's a $5 piezo in a $6 Dayton waveguide on top and a $25 Jamo closeout 15" woofer with a Qts of .81 on the bottom. The B20 sold for about $25 if I remember correctly. The speakers sound amazing!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 205
.........and the surrounds are still intact?! All mine have literally turned to dust. :( :mad:

These look to me to be in PRISTINE shape. I don't know if they were hermetically sealed or what, but I'm dying to get them in an enclosure and give them a listen.

The goal here is pretty much just to have something to play with until I sort my open baffle fetish out.

I have four GRS BOFU clones which are nearly ready for their enclosures. Those will find their way to friends I'm sure. Since I scored these true Pioneers, I would like to put them in some "keeper" enclosures. Hense the Suzy Chang Plans request.

Thàt was my next move Chris. I didn't think they had any variants for the BOFU though. Seems to me I read a post here somewhere that had just that though. No love when searched. Maybe it was Gy Chang maybe that built them?

No matter, I'm looking more seriously now at the Half Chang's I guess. So many variations, so little time.

Good luck. Suzy was for a 4" driver (FE107). BOFU is 8".

People usually just put it into one of the Changs. email if you want those plans.

dave
Thanks Dave. Was a passing fancy. Since I'm ultimately going the way of the open baffle, and this next build is just for grins/something to listen to until I get my OB ducks in a row, I stick to tried and true. Half Chang's are just fine for now.

Why? You just got misinformation about which Chang. BOFU was put into Chang, halfChang & Curvy Chang. I have all the plans on request.

dave

Yes, yes, yes.....I ment that the Suzy's were a passing fancy, and that the BOFU's were going into some half Chang's until I could sort my open baffle build. That's all. Though, now that you mention it, it would be a good excuse for me to pick up some 4" speakers and build Suzy....sure....shoot me the plans for them.

Jonymacmadcap@yahoo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.