• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Black Gate N-series question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I noticed that the leads on a Black Gate N-series bi-polar cap have different length.
Is there any special reason for this? (Like marking which lead to connect to the ground side, etc.)

I know these caps work both ways, but is there a preferred orientation in a circuit?

Peter

Here how a typical BG cap looks inside.

It seems like the leads are not always connected the way they are described, and I had a report that a short lead was connected to the end of the foil ;)

However, I always connect short lead to the plus (or higher potential) or facing the input, as it sounds better this way: much more focus and clarity.

Attachments

• bg1.jpg
    bg1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 384
Uhhhh.
these things are built errr.. inconsistently visibly so as in your attached photo illustration.., at least in respect to where the leads finally attach ( seemingly as how the strips get cut as they come down the asslemby line) AND you find the Sound better in yer Fave orientation.
Mebe you might consider leaving the Basement a bit more :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.