Bigger or smaller- does size matter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I have eight 47,000uF 40v capacitors that I was planning to use in the CRC power supply for an F5 [two transformers] but they will take up an awful lot of space in the chassis I want to make. I also have four 100,000uF 40v that would occupy a lot less space.
What are the views on using smaller/bigger caps. Both versions are supposedly low ESR. At the end of the day I am interested in the sound quality.
Thanks
Alan

Hi all, I have eight 47,000uF 40v capacitors that I was planning to use in the CRC power supply for an F5 [two transformers] but they will take up an awful lot of space in the chassis I want to make. I also have four 100,000uF 40v that would occupy a lot less space.
What are the views on using smaller/bigger caps. Both versions are supposedly low ESR. At the end of the day I am interested in the sound quality.
Thanks
Alan

40V caps? What is the voltage after rectifiers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.