• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Bigbottle MM/MC Hybrid Valve Phonostage PCB

Hi Oliver,
I finally received the PCB (3rd one) and multi-FET boards this afternoon. Many thanks for all your efforts. The first board you sent me (March) has definitely disappeared into a black hole somewhere. With everything being messed up the way it is, my daughter's wedding was postponed to next year April. Bas kindly sent the 2nd PCB to my daughter (thanks Bas), who has just forwarded it via DHL (last week Thursday) with a few other items (LP et al).
Now to get building - first the PCB then the case.
WOW.....that has taken FOREVER.

Thanks for letting me know, K.

Let's hope you like it now you have the PCB lol

New Round For the GB - Any Interest?

After a couple of months trying to wait out the inevitable postage delays due to covid-19, and hoping normal service would resume, it seems like this blighter is here for the time being. So, seeing as i have had a little rest and recharge of the batteries after a frantic summer of group buys, builds and part hunting, i thought i would run another round of the GB for those dark nights in which a project may be beneficial. Especially if we get Locked Down again!

Thats if there is any interest of course.

Price:

Standard BB3 PCB: £20

or

BB3 PCB & Matched Multifet upgrade: £70

Delivery -

UK - £10
EUR- £15
USA & ROW - £20

Payment by PayPal friends and Family, or to include 4% if using the "Goods or Services option"

If there is any interest, please start a list. Minimum of 10 Participants are required.

Thanks

Oliver

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Balanced BigBottle? I've not even got around to stuffing my single board yet, but I had this passing thought. Would it be possible to use two BigBottles where components/valves had been matched to within 0.1% across positions and boards, one board per channel?

Given the inability to buy another naked board it's a pipe dream. But. Perhaps I ought to stop dreaming and get on with building the one I have...

Balanced BigBottle? I've not even got around to stuffing my single board yet, but I had this passing thought. Would it be possible to use two BigBottles where components/valves had been matched to within 0.1% across positions and boards, one board per channel?

Given the inability to buy another naked board it's a pipe dream. But. Perhaps I ought to stop dreaming and get on with building the one I have...
No, no plans for a balanced BB3

After a couple of months trying to wait out the inevitable postage delays due to covid-19, and hoping normal service would resume, it seems like this blighter is here for the time being. So, seeing as i have had a little rest and recharge of the batteries after a frantic summer of group buys, builds and part hunting, i thought i would run another round of the GB for those dark nights in which a project may be beneficial. Especially if we get Locked Down again!

Thats if there is any interest of course.

Price:

Standard BB3 PCB: £20

or

BB3 PCB & Matched Multifet upgrade: £70

Delivery -

UK - £10
EUR- £15
USA & ROW - £20

Payment by PayPal friends and Family, or to include 4% if using the "Goods or Services option"

If there is any interest, please start a list. Minimum of 10 Participants are required.

Thanks

Oliver

Any info?

Thanks

No PCBs left or?
No, someone was naughty and ruined it for everyone.

Can't say anymore but the only PCBs for sale now are fully populated, tested and SAFE.

For forum members I'd do them for £300 + postage. They are Channel matched to 0.1% tolerance, have CMR caps and are within ±0.2 RIAA accuracy.

Apologies if this it too rich for anyone, but @Vivant and I were repairing phonostages that had been made by an individual who wasn't building them to the minimum spec on the BOM, claiming they were better than the ones I make and sell, and they weren't safe either.

It was decided that the Phonostage was too important to us to allow the reputation of its performance to comprised in this way.

This is one I built this morning 20201125_114854.jpg 20201125_114851.jpg IMG_20201124_201723_831.jpg IMG_20201124_201723_838.jpg IMG_20201124_201723_839.jpg