• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Big chassis designs!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh I wish I could claim responsibility for that first amp, but it's a Decware Torii!

Thanks for the links!

Zman, I'll look around for that build! I do have an SSE that I'm very happy with. That said, a different design might be more interesting for me (though Anchan's build might provide some inspiration).

Rather than cram lots of stuff in there you might simply take advantage of the space to make a really nice layout of a simpler amp - keeping chokes away from power trafo, and both away from output tafo's - makes for a quieter amp and it's surprising how crowded a chasis gets once wiring is underway. If it looks to 'bare' you could pop in a couple of analogue meters.

Rather than cram lots of stuff in there you might simply take advantage of the space to make a really nice layout of a simpler amp - keeping chokes away from power trafo, and both away from output tafo's - makes for a quieter amp and it's surprising how crowded a chasis gets once wiring is underway.

Ain't that the truth. My Midlife Crisis monoblocks are each 18"x22" and they are packed full, inside and out!

Attachments

• 833 Amp Underside Complete.jpg
    833 Amp Underside Complete.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 833 Amp Top with Glass.jpg
    833 Amp Top with Glass.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 111
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.