Biasless ESL?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It does look like a nifty way of doing it but To be honest, the Koss patent is the best way I can see if a self supplying design is required. For a battery powered version, the joule thief may be worthwhile.

I'll try put together some of these idea soon. I found some very thin steel mesh used for auto body repair at my local hardware store. It looks like the perfect material for headphone stators. May start a new thread on it if I give it a go =].

I found some very thin steel mesh used for auto body repair at my local hardware store. It looks like the perfect material for headphone stators. May start a new thread on it if I give it a go =].

What's the hole/space/thickness of that stuff? A brand name or web site?
I had Radio Shack E S Headphones (late '70s). Opened one up and the stator material looked like color TV shadow mask material (of that time). Last generation computer monitors have much smaller hole/spacing.
But I don't think there could be a better stator material than invar steel. See you at the new thread.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.