Bi-wire jumpers. Why not try this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I was thinking the same thing. As long as they are tight and clean, no worries. But it is another pair of connections you really don't need. Soldering right to the bottom pair of lugs means you don't have to worry anymore. Nothing wrong with that.

There's about 5 metres of copper in every inductor, so don't think that 2cms of copper on the biwire terminal will make a scrap of difference. :D

But there's something for keeping all interconnects clean and regularly tightened. Be aware most drive units use much flimsier crimp connectors from the crossover. Those ARE iffy, IMO. But hard soldering them is slightly risky.

I agree. Hate the crimps, too. I want a speaker that I can hard solder, but the delicate tweeters always scared me off. But, I won't need solder. Learned about this great tweak recently from a designer and modifier. He stated that it acts very close equivalent to a soldered joint.

Its one of the best tweaks I have used over the years. I use it on all contacts that it can be safely applied. First Deoxit, then SilClear. Raised the horsepower and smoothness of my entire system.

Silclear Contact Enhancer-Mapleshade

Silclear-IM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.