BGW 250D Any Good?

The input op amp, LM318, is likely to be hissy at high gain. It is pin compatible with some others, so maybe it could be tamed with something more modern like OPA604, but some care may be necessary to prevent oscillation.
I do not own one. +-55 v with heat sink for 4 pairs of output transistors, So I would be tempted at the right price for just the transformer & heatsinks. If you're a bar band, you donot want to carry that much weight. For home parties the wattage is about right for a poolside setup. I do not see a DC detect and speaker relay, so the Peavey Crowns & QSC's are one up on protecting your 500 w party speakers.

All of the parts for the BGW's appear to be still available, which can probably not be said for the Onkyo M-505 (although I'm still leaning towards it). The BGW has a full protection circuit, and there are no complaints of input noise.

I searched the opamp in question, and found that there is no suitable substitute.

Well, according to what I have found so far, this amp is favored over all of the rest of the pro amps of its time do to its sound quality, with many people still using them it high end systems to this day.

However, I also found out that all of the original parts are still available for the M-505, whereas the original output transistors may be hard to find for the BGW.

Both amps however are fully tested, and guarateed to work, with the BGW (15K input) selling at half the price of the Onkyo (100K input). I don't know which will perform better with my PS Audio IVH preamp.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the LM318. If it works leave it alone. Maybe buy a few spares and leave them in a drawer somewhere for when they DO quit making DIP packages. In another 20 years you will NOT be able to get them.

MJ15015/6 are junk. If they ever die use MJ15003/4 or anything higher on the food chain. Even C5200N/A1943N retrofits will work and are superior ruggedness-wise.