Beyma TLP 150H crossed at 700hz? to an 18"?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So those measurements were without a horn!? I'm impressed!

For the AST30130, yes. IIRC, I laid it on the floor, with polyfill underneath it, with 4" worth of "acoustic foam" underneath. Definitely not ideal, especially since I would not consider using it as a dipole if I did end up using it. I still want to build a test box for it and test it in a more plausible scenario, both with standard acoustic polyfill and Mundorf Angelhair.

When you start being picky you just have to step out of regular everything and start trying things yourself. I like the immersive live sound I get from horns, and that is why I got something like the Radian 950 (Yamaha Ja6681B) in a big *** JMLC-IWATA-220Hz horn and a Raal, in a rather large horn, trying to catch up already at 2kHz, instead of the recommended 3kHz. I will not recommend this to anyone else, but to me it sounds pretty okay. My next experiment will be to put another Yamaha midrange driver in a smaller horn from 1-3kHz and relax the Raal from its burdens.

Interesting! Can you show us picture of your jmlc iwata 220-horn?

Ooms: +1

There is nothing that comes close to real world experience.

Unfortunately in this area experience comes at a very hefty price when you start buying pairs of TPL150's etc...

But then again, imagine the depth of learning you would achieve if you trashed a pair of them by driving them waaay below resonance...

Maybe you should buy something and actually try it first. If you're going against everyone's advice on the overall design, their specific advice (for a different usage scenario) won't be applicable

I mean if he actually owns a pair of radian 950’s I think I can gauge something noteworthy from his experience vs speculation just like I’ve learned about the beyma and why not to run it so low 🤷🏽*♂️

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.