Beyma 12br70. Suitable for Sealed enclosure?

Do you expect this unit to perform well in such a small vented cabinet?

edit: Its Vas 142, Qts 0.5; => a very large vented cabinet volume
I had to try as my goal is to see just how small the cab can be to still feel i get the performance of a 12". the volume will be about 22L. Im building cabs that allow me to swap the front baffle and so I can try all sorts of different driver combinations

You think the 12br70 wont work at all ported? What would be minim volume for good ported performance?

Last edited:
Wood is cut. assembly starts today!
cabinet will be quite small. 19 inch by 12 x 10 inch, BR.
with such a small cab, i dont think the 12BR70 would go low enough for sealed
Please explain the coincidence -- this thread was started in 2016, a member revived it today after just two posts, you reply that the wood has been cut and assembly begins... I am confused.

Reactions: 1 users
Please explain the coincidence -- this thread was started in 2016, a member revived it today after just two posts, you reply that the wood has been cut and assembly begins... I am confused.
LOL
i answered a post i though was a recent of my thread where i was discussin using my 12br70 with a wideband driver i wanted to match.

to update this thread, ill be building two cabinet:
a standmount about 22L
floorstander about 60L

Two of these in such a cabinet:
  • vented=compromised design, against good practice at least, whether you may like it, up for you to judge
  • sealed= better
I am new in DIY and actually what ever little I have experinced I alwasy liked Sealed subs I have a Peerless XLS in 30 litre sealed box 1 driver per box and in a medium room it very nice of course I love more pressure thats why I wnat to try beyma since I have 4 drivers with me