Resolved - Implemented Better notification - can't PM due to new member status

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
There is still some uncertainty with new members when they cannot PM. One example is when they sign up for Swap Meet and don't think to ask the seller to initiate the PM (not realising it is now presented in conversation form, and that they can indeed reply to them.) After discussions with member PRR, this suggestion has been put forward as one way to handle it.

I would add explaining the paging/mention system (@PRR ), the nature of the PM system and anything else that would help.
As a result of this, some post private details in public. I'm also concerned that some will needlessly give up.
PM-Newbie.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
To re-beat the dead horse: It's not "NEW". As Allen said elsewhere, it's "quality posts". The difference is clear to long-term mods like Allen and I, but needs better language to not be confusing or offensive to newbies (sorry!).

There is still some uncertainty with new members when they cannot PM. One example is when they sign up for Swap Meet and don't think to ask the seller to initiate the PM (not realising it is now presented in conversation form, and that they can indeed reply to them.) After discussions with member PRR, this suggestion has been put forward as one way to handle it.

I would add explaining the paging/mention system (@PRR ), the nature of the PM system and anything else that would help.
As a result of this, some post private details in public. I'm also concerned that some will needlessly give u
Hi Allen
Writing you about the previous post in other thread .
Im still bit confused .
I looked at the rules and it seems that i violated rule nr.4 of which i was not ware honestly and it is not an excuse !
I was wrong i am sorry .
I will delete this account tomorrow if its possible, i dont realy know if i can do that by myself or moderator has to do that.
Sorry again. Regards