Betrayal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I feel deeply hurt and betrayed.

I was -->this close<-- to ordering the components necessary to finish my new speakers. I'd finally gotten my finances in enough order to splurge a couple hundred dollars on my all too neglected hobby and BAM. Damn truck check engine light goes on.

I'm so good to that truck (Gertie), I only give it the best oil and filters. I don't drive it rough and this is what it repays me with. Not two months ago I had to replace a wheel bearing and now the rear axle seals break and somewhere the wiring for the driveshaft speed sensor is fouled!

Alackaday! The grease from the rear axle destroyed the seals on my caliper cylinders too!

What the heck. Why does the universe want my projects to remain eternally half-finished.

I'm depressed now.

Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen...

Your truck knows you are a soft touch and is playing you. A little disrespect would be a good start here.

I suggest you run her to red-line from cold tomorrow morning - that'll teach her!

That may be well and good for you but up here we have to contend with American-made trucks. Not so tough as your Hilux's.

In my case "If you can't Dodge it Ram it."

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    201.1 KB · Views: 420

I was -->this close<-- to ordering the components necessary to finish my new speakers. I'd finally gotten my finances in enough order to splurge a couple hundred dollars on my all too neglected hobby and BAM. Damn truck check engine light goes on.

I'm so good to that truck (Gertie), I only give it the best oil and filters. I don't drive it rough and this is what it repays me with. Not two months ago I had to replace a wheel bearing and now the rear axle seals break and somewhere the wiring for the driveshaft speed sensor is fouled!

Alackaday! The grease from the rear axle destroyed the seals on my caliper cylinders too!

What the heck. Why does the universe want my projects to remain eternally half-finished.

I'm depressed now.

You didn't happen to mention payday in the truck did you? NEVER mention payday in a vehicle as they believe they need to break something to use up the check. It's happened to me too.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
hmm, just bought a German "junk car", from year 1992
it drives like a new Mercedes, or better
a friend borrowed an old mercedes from 1984 or so
looked like new
I asked him about milage
hes said a million kilometer

My dad's European version '78 Mercedes 280E is still going strong with about a half million kilometers on it. I bet the new ones aren't nearly as durable.. It does live in South Carolina which helps with the rust thing..

I'm depressed now.

TOYOTA

I'm depressed now.

Buy American, buy twice.

Not without reason Mercs are THE taxis over heah - they buy them with diesel engines and without all the "lifestylish" electronic geegaws. After half a million Klicks they get sold to Africa and go twice around the clock again. Peugeots in French speaking countries, they are pretty indistructible too.:cool:

My friend just sold his '84 Mercedes 240D with 780 000m (1255 000km) on the clock. Never failed an MOT (the particulates were so low that every tester checked it at least twice), never broke down and it run on used, filtered vegetable oil without any mods.

On the other hand a couple of years ago a Mercedes dealer let some gangster type guys have a test drive in the range topping ML knowing they wouldn't return it.
His comment was:"So what? It was an ML, they won't get far because it will break down sooner rather than later!"

Last edited:
On the other hand a couple of years ago a Mercedes dealer let some gangster type guys have a test drive in the range topping ML knowing they wouldn't return it.
His comment was:"So what? It was an ML, they won't get far because it will break down sooner rather than later!"

In this economy he's probably not selling much anyway, so maybe it's good to get some insurance money out of it. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.