Best SMT passives & where to buy them in Europe??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm just embarking on a couple of projects, a PGA2310-based volume control & a PCM1704-based DAC, and before I start I just need a little advice!

I've never built anything which has to sound good before, so before I start I just have a couple of questions.. I'm planning to use SMT passive components as much as possible, so firstly I wondered if this is a good idea, or are there better sounding through hole components available? I was also wondering whether to to use tantalum capacitors or good electrolytics for supply decoupling and then what to use for bypassing them - Film or ceramics or both??

I've checked RS www.rswww.com, and they stock a wide range of SMT components, but you often have to buy large quantities and I have nbo idea what would sound good.

Can anybody recommend which componts would be good for my application and also a place to buy them in Europe (or anywhere else)??

Many thanks!

Mark.

RS have a fair selection of SMT components

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.