Best light-source, but not expensive per hour?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.

What is actually the best source of light for the Projector?
It should not be very expensive per hour.
Thus the best within the price standard price.
Example: $193 or $113 for a currentcorrosive 575W "HMI" with only 1000 hours is very expensive.

Naturally do I want also good colors, but with this expensive lamp?
The projector should be a TV-replacement/optional-PC-Monitor (long uses).
With a norrmal expensive lamp I can adjust the color over the controller.
That is also possible and/or necessary in the hidden service menu of a tube monitor.

Greetings,
Tobias

Yahmoncool said:
$113 is only $0.11 per hour... thats not so bad. better than $0.40/hour (for a $400 commercial DLP PJ's bulb).

Anyway - you can pick up 400w metal halides on bulbs.com for $50.

That is very much!
This ist a TV-Replacement/Monitor-otional for the whole day. I can count also per second, then it íst "less" 0_o ;-).
Become with 16 hours on the day $1413.28 per year! If times at all none is there becomes it somewhat less
That is 30 to 50x as much as the "normal" lamps. The 575W-lamp is too much energy (~12 US-Cent per hour!). For the more at money one does not receive an increase in value.

My current favorite is the "USHIO Metal Halide Lamp for HPS Retrofit". I do not know the price. In Germany I did not find it yet. Is there still another better (world-wide) for an economic "whole Day" projector?
250W is still acceptable. 85 CRI (The HMI has also only 90 CRI) are not bad. 5200K is also correct. 15000 hours of lifetime are good (15 times more than the HMI). I can perfect the colors in the CONTROLLER OSD. It costs only $37,95 => http://www.atlantalightbulbs.com/ecart/catpages0527/31425.htm (the HMI costs approx. $190!).

You must realize that one of the most important things about the bulb is the arc length. A tighter arc provides much more usable light for projection. This is where the 575w is much better.

Speaking of 16 hours a day that's A LOT of time on a projector. That's a total of 8 hours a day that you aren't watching it?

Mario007 said:
You must realize that one of the most important things about the bulb is the arc length. A tighter arc provides much more usable light for projection. This is where the 575w is much better.

Speaking of 16 hours a day that's A LOT of time on a projector. That's a total of 8 hours a day that you aren't watching it?

Why? A Projector can used the whole day from different persons. In the Household of my Parents (retired) the TV runs long or in the backgrund :-].
Is the screen switched off on the Enterprise/Vojager... ;-)?
And when frequent use on the day, it is better for the lamp if it remains on.
To use for all "media-window" for everything at a HTPC. TV, video, InterNet, PC-games, telephone, IP telephone, video Telefone.....
The USHIO MH lamp is up to now the best. 250W economically still is correct.

I consider now, whether it is not better two lamps to use next to each other (16:10 are broad). Then however two lamps with 100W to 150W.

Are there 100w-150w burners with the good (or better) values (price/lifetime, Kelvin [or better up tu 6500K], color-quality, efficiency [80LW +]) of the USHIO-MH?

superdaveumo said:

Due to optics, reflections, etc... Lots of complex things, this won't work as well as one 250W or 400W bulb. Guy G can explain it better. I asked the same thing. Do a search. This has been covered.

I did not understand that so completely (too complex/slang for my English :cannotbe: ).
More than one source of light is not a problem.
I have a Movin-2001 (ballast is defective / must repair).
This has 4 35W xenon lamps (car-xenon). There are no Hotspots! It has a 6,4"-tft (Sharp 800x600).
==>
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Only 1 reflector, but in four segments.
No condensor lens and Fresnel behind the TFT!

For a suitable 100w-150w lamp I had opened a extra thread in the suitable forum:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=721415#post721415

That is better, because I do not find good 100w-150w lamp
:bawling:
Please help me (in the other special thread) a 100w-150w lamp to find.
That would be a good chance for an effective projector.
If I use only one lamp with a round reflector, then approx. 2/3 of the light are lost (16:10-tft in a round spot is extrem ineffective <== there ist a chance with two lamps).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.