Best I/V for multiple tda1541a, no tube no transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I plan to build a external dac with 2x or 4X or 8X TDA1541A.
The more I read the more I am confused about how the I/V stage effect the sound. And there is no specific I/V stage that is highly recommended.

I have my rotel rcd855 works very well with daul tda1541a, opa1611 opamp for I/V and output stage. Tried to put 4X tda1541a inside, but result is not good.

Need suggestion for the I/V and output stage for multiple TDA1541A.
Any working schematic ?
Please I perfer using no tube or transformer.

Last edited:
fastvideo, sorry I have no time in January, for 2x 1541 R1=750 R2=2.2k C1=1500p C2=3900p
for 4x 1541 R1=390 R2=1.2k C1=3300p C2=7500p

Nazar, if I have nothing better for I/U than THS3001 - how the schematic should look like?
see attach, schematic by Walt Jung

BTW, the current source circuit (R5,R6,C4) for TDA1541 - what value is C4?
4.7-10u X7R 1206

Any reason OPA861 is not good with TDA1541?
low power supply voltage, not super buffer

Attachments

• Jung_IU_THS3001.PNG
    Jung_IU_THS3001.PNG
    73 KB · Views: 2,225
Last edited:
see attach, schematic by Walt Jung

What's the reason to use the provided schematic, if the current of the DAC isn't fed into the low impedance of the CFA? The 1K in series destroys the idea, in this case why not use just a resistor for I/U? It just a workaround to avoid oscillation with a cap in a feedback loop (whic is otherwise not acceptable for CFA), but a workaround which screws the goodies of the CFA applicaton in here...

Last edited:
OPA861 is good

Any update on this?
Any reason OPA861 is not good with TDA1541?
Any OPA861 working circuit with TDA1541? I have some OPA861 here and would like to test it out.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have built a Pedja Rogic's AYA II where the opa681 are used for I/V conversion and output buffer. The sound is very good to me.

I have tried various I/V stages for my NOS TDA1541A DAC for years, including passive I/V, AD844, rbroer's discrete circuit, and so on. Among these circuits, Pedja's OPA861 is no doubt the best one to me.

I have built a Pedja Rogic's AYA II where the opa681 are used for I/V conversion and output buffer. The sound is very good to me.

I have tried various I/V stages for my NOS TDA1541A DAC for years, including passive I/V, AD844, rbroer's discrete circuit, and so on. Among these circuits, Pedja's OPA861 is no doubt the best one to me.

Can you post schematic of the OPA861 for I/V conversion and output buffer stage that you are using?
I am very interested to test it out, thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.