best amp designers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I know little of design elegance or place in history but the best amp I've heard is Tom.c neurochrome amps. Just music.

I'll second that, Toms amps are exemplary. His approach is a little different to some of the designers mentioned. Many designers are happy with modest THD specs as long as the THD present is predominantly low order. Tom pushes to achieve the lowest THD possible with lots of well controlled feedback. My MOD86 is a true reference amplifier.

I’ll add some folks who made very successful amplifiers -
Tim da paravicni whose designs are just .. legendary
The late, great Ken ishiwata of Marantz
Mr Hiroyasu Kondo of Audio Note (sadly also departed)
Barney Oliver who gave us the first truly high performance solid state amp
And the beat rolls on....

I knew some of very good amplifiers but I do not know who designed them.

I learn a lot from Hugh Dean (AKSA). I found his opinion about harmonic profile of the distortion is worked for my design. I admire Scott Wurcer for his knowledge of electronic engineering, Dadod for his creativity. Of course many member here that influences to my tough.

For person who make some book, I like Douglas Self, Bob Cordell, and Dr. Arto Kolinummi.

I have to develop my own design philosophy, because my goal sometime is a little bit different from those great person.

Account Closed
Joined 2010
I don't think he was a designer, he was a marketing front man for Marantz.
I've talked to him and he did not come across as a designer.

Jan
We'll never know all the great ninjas fighting the well known samurai's wars..
One would be Shin Nagakawa , the inventor of Sigma Drive that licenced it to Kenwood and Toshiba, but also a great inventor in low noise smps .
LM3886(???????IC)???????????
CERENATE

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.