Best 4 inch driver for open baffle help ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Chris, they look really impressive, hope we see them in the UK. Their efficiency is a tad on the low side, but with 20 watt limit they could benefit from a decent class A amp.
The HIFI site

One of my systems (wife's actually) consists of dual EL70 drivers wired in series, driven by a 4w amp P/P triode. Even though the open plan LR/DR/kitchen is over 400ft^2, as the listening levels are modest (seldom above 90dB) this is adequate power. They are definitely lower sensitivity than say, FE167E in the same room, but the Mark Audio drivers have excellent power bandwidth and micro dynamic capabilities.

As none of my own rooms are compatible with even a small OB, I haven't tried anything along those lines recently, but I can't see why any of the Alpair 5 / 6 or CHR/EL70 wouldn't be a candidate for an OB with support of 12" or so woofer per side.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.