Best 3'' speaker for ~0.8-0.9 litre sealed enclosure?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 3fe22 8ohm in the small IKEA box.....approx 3.5litres. BR tuned to 70 something Hz iirc. Sound amazing with decent bass.....speakers in corners so some room gain.
I employ a notch filter

Powered with tpa3255 I can nearly max the volume out without clip or bottoming out......material depending.

They have really surprised me and are amazing for the money.

Thanks for reply. Could you elaborate, what notch filter you have?

I compared them to the Vifa 9BG119/8 and Omnes Audio BB3.01. At moment I have no access to my measurements but I remember the 3fe25 were going crazy at higher frequencies (arround +10 to 15 dB, like shown in the datasheet). The 9bg119 had a falling response in this region (earlier than shown in datasheet).

I compared them to the Vifa 9BG119/8 and Omnes Audio BB3.01. At moment I have no access to my measurements but I remember the 3fe25 were going crazy at higher frequencies (arround +10 to 15 dB, like shown in the datasheet). The 9bg119 had a falling response in this region (earlier than shown in datasheet).

does it mean, that highs of 3fe25 will be very harsh without filters?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.