Benytone A60 - looking for docs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi emosms,
That's a clean looking receiver. I haven't seen much for Bennytone. I know that they made a Carver M-500 amplifier at one point in time. That picture is not a Carver.

Can you help us out with a couple internal pictures showing overall layout, and another showing the output amplifier assy and heat sink. Also, what is the problem you are having?

-Chris

No problems. It is just an amp, there is no receiver.
I am intending to buy it and they could deliver it from another city, so cannot get pictures (mby have to ask the seller)

I suspect the specs stated are not correct.
Randomly I found some posts, stating it uses 40w chip (stk2240), the seller says it is 50 wats 8 ohm.

So, I am trying to get as much info as possible :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi emosms,
Well, if it uses the STK2240, there is a limit on output power. If you look up that chip, it's specifications are as good as its going to get.

Chip amps can sound okay if they are designed properly, but they don't respond well to load problems. A momentary short on the output is often the end of the STK chip. So as long as it remains connected the same way all the time, and isn't run up to some crazy volume levels, it should be reliable for you. Watch out for the ambient temperature though. When it gets hot, that reduces how much power it can safely deliver.

-Chris

There are some pieces on ebay, but no contemporary replacement, right?
(STK2240 and other STK).

I like the design, really clean indeed. The seller sells much better amps I guess, but I don't like them (ugly, cheeky or just, plain and characterless).
Not a good point, but still.... I want to like how it looks :D

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.