Behringer USB mixer for speaker measurements?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What about impedance?
I own a UCA-222 and am unable to do impedance measurement using ARTA. Probably it has a too high output impedance or not much voltage drive or both. I tried both the line out as well as headphone out. I believe using an external amp would solve the problem but haven't tried yet.
I ve used Xonar DX and DX2 and both of them worked just fine for impedance sweep.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Goldy

I managed an impedance sweep

I was trying with the default Win7 drivers (there was a note that came with UCA-222 which said the drivers in Win 7 are fine and no extra drivers were needed), probably that was causing problems in the impedance sweep. I installed the latest drivers from behringer and managed to do impedance sweep too. I used headphone output.

Hope it helps.
Goldy

I managed to "solve" my problem thanks to the feedback from you guys.

Basically, to cut a long story short, the Behringer USB mixers CANNOT be used as USB sound cards for speaker measurements, by themselves. They mix input and output signals in unholy ways which only musicians can make use of.

So, I am using my old faithful Creative Soundblaster for impedance measurements, just like I have done since the Asawari more than eight years back. It has RCA linein and lineouts. My old impedance jig still works just as well as before.

For SPL measurements, I am using both the Behringer and the SoundBlaster. I am using my 302USB as a pure analog mic preamp. I am powering it from its mains adapter, to ensure that my laptop does not get confused with two USB sound interfaces. I am plugging in my Dayton mic into the mic input, and taking the lineout from the mixer to line-in of my Creative Soundblaster. The mixer's LED indicators for signal level and clipping are very handy, so level setting is a cinch.

I did some SPL and impedance measurements for a couple of new speaker projects in the pipeline, and they worked well. I am back in action, thanks to you.:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.