behringer dcx2496 buzzing from power inverter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had a power inverter running the dcx2496, it was a rayovac 350 watt and caused a buzzing to come out of the speakers.

Then i tried a vector max modified sine wave inverter and it still made the buzzing noise. I even tried to run separate grounds and power for the inverter and buzzing continued.

Will the 12v power supply for the behringer get rid of the buzzing, and also is there any other solution to this problem.

the behringer works fine with an extension cord, just not with the power inverter.

thanks
Z

I'm far from an expert on this, but

I think the cause of your problem is the way the inverters are outputing the 120 volts.

I'm not familiar with the vector max unit, etc. However, my guess is that it may take an inverter that costs more than the Behringer to solve the problem or possibly even more expensive than that.

I've seen similar things with inexpensive (under $100) inverters before.

I'm not aware of a practical or feasible solution.

Look at it this way. I'm filtering the wall AC with one Powervar that's plugged into another Powervar to clean up the AC on my dedicated circuit, and it's going to be a lot cleaner than what's coming out of the inverter. The inverters are probably putting out something along the lines of a square wave and the power grid is probably putting out something closer to a sine wave (rounded peaks and valleys)

One of the EE types could do a lot better than I on this _grin_

I posted because no else had and I didn't want you to think we were ignoring you.

Regards

Ken L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.