Behringer A500 thumping in one channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, A Behringer A500 amp has the following conditions;
The right channel has a loud thump noise and the led indicators pulse full scale about once per second. This happens if there is OR isn't a audio input present, but only happens when the main gain control is set almost full. I have a circuit diagram. Have replaced the electrolytics C31, C28, C39 and the non-polarized cap C34, but still the same. I suspect the amp IC4b - will replace it when spares arrive. This channel also has a lower audio output than the left channel.

Question is; Can anyone explain the bias pots adjustment procedure. I have not touched the pots, but would like to know what voltages at what points, should be measured when the pots are set correctly.

I also noticed that 2 resistors R71 and R72 are shown (voltage divider) in the diagram, but are not fitted on the board.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
DigAudio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.