Beginning my aleph 30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks guys,
as soon as I have progressed i'll show some more details...
this amp is just getting heavier and heavier, I think that I am about 30Kg by now:hot: and the faceplate and rear plate aren't there yet! I think I'll have to put handles front and back side, or I'll never manage to move it to the living:D
see you soon for the next steps!
Vince

Hey thanks Flg,
that is almost a very nice compliment ,comparing my mechanical work to Mark Levinson is just very satisfying, and I have to admit that I was very inspired by the ML-2 , very happy that you noticed
:cool:
My goal is to finish the amp as good as it began, not easy thought, as now it's getting more and more complex inside...
and I still haven't matched the fets "in situ",the hardest job still remains!;)
thanks for your support and nice comments, it really encourages me to make a nice work, especially because I know you are all as impatient as I am to see the thing finished:D

Hi Vince,

Beautiful looking design!

One thought to consider as you make the chassis. Leave a lot of space inside the box for natural air flow. Some of the other internal parts will experience shortened lifespans with additional heat.

Here's a pic of the my Aleph30 using BrianGT's boards. Simply sounds great.

Nice work so far.

-David

Attachments

• march2006 067.jpg
    march2006 067.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 783

Attachments

• march2006 062.jpg
    march2006 062.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 553
here is the work on the back plate almost finished ...will show the massive front pannel tomorrow...sort of SAE X series design, but with a bad look:D
I hope i'll be able to finish it this week end...I will come with the picts azs soon as everything isassembled...
Vince

Attachments

• v2 back.jpg
    v2 back.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 551
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.