Beginner Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switchmode supplies have a bad reputation in DIY audio for various reasons. One reason being people being stubborn and reluctant to change. But there are good technical reasons why one wouldn't use a switchmode supply in an audio amp. But that's not saying that you cannot use one.

If you can find a switchmode supply that can deliver the needed voltage and current, you're in business. If not, then I recommend that you start with a transformer, diode bridge, and reservoir caps like everybody else...

I do *not* recommend that you try to design or build the switchmode power supply yourself.

Last edited:
Well i thought of this as a power suply
p10-8.jpg

and it says for the tda that it neads -12 +12 and the atx power suply gives only 0,8 A on the -12.Will it be enough and is it HI-FI Quality.

well i got a power supply runing 12 v 10A :)

And for the lm1875 runs on -+15 on the data sheat and the standard atx gives only 0,8 A on the -12 out pot will it do?

And when i said HI-FI i ment hifi Quality on some chips datasheats it says hi fi and on some doesnt so is it inportant?

:)
Tnx for the reply-s and sory for my bad english :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.