Bassface 15.2 ported enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have a look at subwoofer diy site lots of guidance and tools you seem to know about t/s parameters so some of the spreadsheets ect, may be very usefull to you. Also deep deep in the vaults of this site you will find loads of helpfull info
Go-on build a new one its great fun and you know it makes sense

I didn't realize that there is a subwoofer section. Thanks!

Now , if we forget everything , let's say i don't have any box and i just want to build one.

My space for the box is as follows ( 50X50X75cm or 50X45X80cm).
I want a box that:
- has a good kick so should be BR (i would prefer a balance between SPL and quality)
- has a slot type BR (here i think i need surface of the slot, depth and minimum width to avoid air speed to get too high)

Now question about TS parameters... Do you see anything wrong with them?
I ask this because when i start to enter them in Win ISD, the VAS is automatically calculated and it's 10 times smaller than the one given by the manufacturer.

What order do you put the parameters in ? And what parameters are you putting in? All of them? Some of them?

Thanks!

I didn't realize that there is a subwoofer section. Thanks!

Now , if we forget everything , let's say i don't have any box and i just want to build one.

My space for the box is as follows ( 50X50X75cm or 50X45X80cm).
I want a box that:
- has a good kick so should be BR (i would prefer a balance between SPL and quality)
- has a slot type BR (here i think i need surface of the slot, depth and minimum width to avoid air speed to get too high)

Now question about TS parameters... Do you see anything wrong with them?
I ask this because when i start to enter them in Win ISD, the VAS is automatically calculated and it's 10 times smaller than the one given by the manufacturer.

What order do you put the parameters in ? And what parameters are you putting in? All of them? Some of them?

Thanks!

The first thiele/small field are the most important, Q values+ FS

Regardless of what the manufacterer says, you want a flat response or a gently rolled off bass in car. What you DON'T want (unless you like boomy bass) is deep bass that's louder than midbass.
I've spent quite a lot of time modeling various subwoofers lately and I added cabin gain to my sims that closely matches one done by JBL (+25db gain at 20hz).

Your woofer in a sealed box gives a very flat response in 100ltr sealed using THIS to estimate cabin gain. Obviously all cars are different but sealing the ports would be a good start. If you still have too boomy bass after that, I would reduce the box sixe to 75ltr. You really don't need a port in a car, unless you're looking for maximum SPL.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.