bass freq

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bass is a cube function.

If you keep the efficiency the same, going one octave deeper will require eight times the volume.

Going from 50hz to 40hz is 2x, from 40hz to 32hz another 2x, from 32hz to 25hz another 2x, for a total of 8x (2^3) from 50hz to 25hz.

I built my stack for 31hz, but sometimes I have to ask myself if being 2x as large for the few times the low B (31hz) shows up in the program material is really worth it.

Bass is a cube function.

If you keep the efficiency the same, going one octave deeper will require eight times the volume.

Going from 50hz to 40hz is 2x, from 40hz to 32hz another 2x, from 32hz to 25hz another 2x, for a total of 8x (2^3) from 50hz to 25hz.

I built my stack for 31hz, but sometimes I have to ask myself if being 2x as large for the few times the low B (31hz) shows up in the program material is really worth it.
SO if a song is recorded at 50hz can it be play back at 30hz if your bass bin can go that low

No, if the song is recorded at 50hz, it plays back at 50hz.

The peak output in dance music is at about 55hz, but many pieces of music have strong content to 40hz.

In the last three years I have only heard one song that went below 40hz that was played at college dances. You couldn't really 'hear' it, it just shook your pants leg and made the air in the room 'judder'. It took eight long-excursion 15s with about 3KW to do it.

CoePA-2009.jpg

Low end powered by Crest V1500s, one for each side of the stage (750W x 4).

Eminence151269.gif

This design is -3dB at 29hz, and one box with its two 15s plays 128dB with 600W in. A second box would add 6dB, and the two on the other side of the stage add another 6dB at very low frequencies.

On one song I saw a peak of 122dBC at a distance of about twenty foot, this calculates back to about 138dB at one meter, about the theoretical peak for this system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.