Bass assist via EQ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No problemo! ;)

Well duh!

Understood, hence my response.

This I don't understand, though again, not willing to accept WinISD's sims. FWIW, I got good correlation using an early version of LspCad, though have yet to compare it to Hornresp.

GM

I had luck.

Djk referred to it as 6th order assisted.

Works well for low qts drivers.

Small box, high efficiency, super high output.
^^^ This!

djk taught me about this arrangement on AA IIRC back in maybe 99 or 2000 I knocked up some cabs for my 2226's and was amazed that they could have all that clean output in such a small box. I used them in stacks in my PA, later PPSL and have used this alignment at home on several occasions and it's great. I almost never get a response even when I've loaded up sims showing how good it is, even when others are using active xovers and could easily add it. About half the time the responses confuse it with bandpass. I've only ever used it on PA subs (f3 circa 40Hz) or midbasses, never an HT sub.

djk taught me a lot over the years on various fora; I wish I'd thanked him more.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.