bass amp problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have an ampeg b2r bass amp.when i turn it on there is power but no sound. after a minute or two i hear a click, then sound. after that sometimes there will be sound for 15-20 minutes and the sound will go off,or it will work fine, if i don't turn it off then back on.any ideas on what's wrong with this? thanks.

Hi rick26
Have you been using the same speakers all of the time? Does it last longer if you play at reduced volume like 50% normal. Does the chassis or heatsink get pretty hot? Anyway sounds like the protection circuty is being activated. If this is true, it probally has been saving your amp from self destruct. Check your speaker cable. Try just turning it on and letting it sit there wirhout making any noise for a while, and see if it keeps working, then report. Something is not right. Good luck.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.