Basic Car Audio Advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How much you got ? ;)

Pair of 6.5's I have are about Au$1,000.
And you can go a LOT higher (3,500)

If you have $100, spend it.
If you have $500, spend it.

It's your money, spend as much or as little as you want.

Go to some shops and compare the cheapest they have to the most expensive they have.
Let your ears and budget decide.

MB's are good, but don't forget they don't give much (deep) bass.

Subs, uh oh, here come the worms.

Look, get the front right first.
This is something I was told after wasting much money when I was younger.
It is the single most important part of the whole audio experience.

To this day, I work up a plan for the whole car.
Then I do the front first, and 'tweek' the the plan for the rest from there.

Some fronts speakers are so good that subs (although still needed) are not as important as you might think.

with an online forum discount I can get 65sqfeet of eDead v1 for about $65 shipped.

It looks like I'll be doing that first. Probably do the doors and rear hatch and then try the firewall with whats leftover.

For mounting my door speakers, the toyotas already have a built in baffle box that kinda does what that link you sent me to does. I'll try it out stock, but if I'm not satisfied after new speakers and sound deadening I'll try to remount the speakers and add foam inserts b/n the walls of the door.

Thanks for all the help!

I read up basically all last night on different types of sound deadener.

eDead has a bad name in that industry now because they used crappy asphalt based deadener originally. Their deadeners are now butyl based, have a melting point of over 400oF and are comparable to second skin and raammat etc. basically in all aspects but price.

Its also the cheapest. I saw comparative tests between the 2 and also read reviews from people who had used, extensively, both products and claim that the new butyl based is night and day better.

It was $80 for 80sq feet.

I'll be sure to let everyone know how it works.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.