Banned from membership for being from Iran?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, not sure if thisis a joke or scam or what but here is what happened here on the forum. Maybe someone could clarify....
Earlier today I responded to a thread at the swap meet for a pair of Eico HF81 OPTs for sale. I sent a PM to the seller and received several email notifications of posts to the thread in the mean time. Then I received a rather cryptic message from another member asking me to email him and he needed to discuss something with me. Later I used the link on one of the emails referring back to this swap meet thread and when I tried to go to the page I was given the message that I did not have permission to view that page. I immediately asked the help desk what was up and they informed me that the OP was banned from the forum but they could not give a reason for this at this time. A few hours later I responded to that cryptic PM and sent an email as I was asked to. The person was in fact the OP that was supposedly banned from the forum and he emailed me back saying he was banned from the forum. The reason.....being Iranian....in fact he included a screenshot of the DIYaudio page saying he had been banned. The page said he had been banned for the reason....being Iranian. It went ever further saying " now get the hell out of here"
I cannot at the moment upload images but would be glad to email a copy of this email with the screen shot to any of you who are intersted in helping me figure this out. I have know other Iranians on the forum who have not yet been banned for being Iranian and I sincerely hope and doubt this is Not an official policy of this forum. So, I am left believing this is either a scam I am getting involved with and I shouldn't go further in sending this guy money for the OPTs or this guy was hacked somehow..l..I don't know, just looking for some answers and help here.
Anyone aware of something like this happening? The screenshot this guy sent me looks very much real but I have a very hard time believing this is the policy of the forum to ban whosale any person for being from a certain country, much less being told to " get the hell out of here" to boot.....
I am confused.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.