BAF 2024: Too Early?

I am making plans to bring the plasma tweeters to BAF! I already have a friend in SF who can bring a helium bottle.

I have a number of 'smoldering' questions:
  • where will it take place
  • need a pair of fast (planar) speakers to provide mids and lows (x-over is at 1kHz) to go with them
  • need an amp to drive said fast speakers (gosh. who might have that, I wonder :sneaky: @Nelson Pass )
  • need a good quality music source - either digital or analog as my x-over accepts both
I know it's way early for a venue to be chosen, but I am itching to go!

Tony

Reactions: 2 users
Not too early! With Tom stepping down after last year I am anxious and hoping someone will step up. I'd be happy to, however I am in the Seattle area and I believe we'd want the whole deal to be in Cali and closer to Nelson. That seems fair!

I don't think it's terribly early to book a venue. You never know how quickly those prime locales will book up.

Fingers crossed up here as well!

Update: There will likely be a pairing of the plasma tweeters with Quad ESL-63's, and maybe a tape machine with someone's favorite tapes (not my place reveal who that is). This seems like a set up worthy of the Pass room. No?

Has anyone stepped up to be the organizer yet?

(Below is one driver and the new HV power supply for it - not pictured is the five channel amp that drives the plasma)

Attachments

• PXL_20240406_002817301~2.jpg
    PXL_20240406_002817301~2.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: 1 user
My assumption is that there is some sort of checklist that might exist for planning something like this. Whoever had done this before should help "hand off" the responsibility by providing what's been done in the past for planning. If @Tom V has something and there's a list of potential candidates to take the lead role, I think we'd be off to a good start. Now's the time to start figuring that out so there's no "rush" mid summer to figure it all out. How has a "lead" been figured out previously for this? Once a lead it determined, I think a team can be formed to support and split up the workload so it's not too daunting for a single person. "Teamwork makes the dreamwork" sort of approach.

{Edit: If someone can take "point" now, I feel that there's plenty of time to help split up the planning efforts early enough to avoid a last minute rush.}