Bad experience with Parts Connexion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
[Start rant] I ordered about $70.00 bucks worth of stuff from Parts Connexion and they sent the package without requiring a signature for delivery! Well imagine my surprise when I checked the tracking and it stated that my package had been delivered 2 days prior, left at my front door. In my neighbourhood they might as well have thrown my order in the dumpster. My beef is with how they handled it. After admitting that there was a mistake they did nothing to rectify the problem, they told me I would only get my order if the shipping company covered the loss. I'm not sure if you've ever tried to get a claim through Fedex, UPS, or USPS but I've found it never happens. Am I out of line by thinking that they should have resent the parts to make good? I don't think so. If they would have I wouldn't hesitate to return there again, I was a repeat customer already. Now though, I don't think so. The worst thing is that none of projects will get done before my next quarter starts, maybe by next summer :( [Rant over]

Sorry but maybe you should have been watching a little better for the package and you wouldn't be in this mess.

When I don't have someone home to receive packages I have them sent to my work address.

At any rate you surely cannot expect them or anyone else to stand the loss in my opinion.

I guess I just see the root error as theirs and so it was they who should have made good. I was sitting 5 feet from the door, and received a DHL, UPS, and USPS package on the same day, so i was paying attention. I'm beginning to wonder if the driver rappelled from the roof, ninja like to silently place the package at the door. While being tailed by equally silent ninja thieves... All of which could have been avoided at the point of departure. It stings because 70 bucks can break a carefully planned budget, after spending hours planning a good build on the cheap. Needless to say, I'm not going back, Tubes and More (http://www.tubesandmore.com) have been reliable thus far, I ordered replacement parts through them.

let me guess it was shipped fed-ex i worked for them a year ago and good luck getting a refund out of them one thing people don't know about them is that the driver has an option called driver release unless it is medical all they have to do is sign something into the scanner and make up a name to type in drop the package and run to the next stop a lot of the drivers do it because they get charged for return packages .when confronted by fedex they lie and say that person they made up was there and signed for it there for you got it . just alittle fyi

this is also to help all who read this. to keep this from happening to you especially this time of the year with fedex and ups i can't say anything about the other ones if you can have it sent to your work or if it is possible when you receive your tracking numbers and see that it has been picked up by the Carrier call the terminal have it held there and pick it up yourself . <---- this is by far the best way . this sort of thing happen to hundreds of people all around the world . keep safe and have a very happy holiday

I just don't think its fair to blame Parts Connection. The fault is with the shipping party and the party that should have received the goods.

Reasonable care should have been exercised by the shipping and receiving party. The parts supplier has done their job when the goods went out the door in a timely manor.

athos56

I do feel for you man. I know how it feels to pay for something and not receive it. Peace

This is happened to me too a few years ago when goods or better said electro-junk in my case left behind the apartment door disappeared. This by the way did not involve Parts Connexion. I learned my lesson though. If the goods were of all value I made sure delivery would not take place without a signature or I stuck a note on the apartment door for the freight company to deliver to someone who would be available to receive and sign for the goods and informed that person in advance too that I would be receiving a package. On the other hand, it was always annoying to have to drive to the post office to pick up a small package that could be placed inside the locked mailbox and should not require a signature on delivery. It is frustrating I know. While your case does not appear to have been anyone's faults, Parts Connexion should probably do better for a 'customer'. However, we are all human and don't always readily see a workable solution or compromise.

Hi athos56,

In defense of PartsConneXion I must say that I have had dealings with them since their 'day one', and have never had any problems with many thousands of dollars worth of parts sent to the UK.

Whilst I understand and sympathise with your predicament, once the parcel leaves their premises, PartsConneXion don't have any control over what happens, and they cannot guess at (nor anticipate) unusual circumstances at the receiver's end, which is clearly where this problem arose from what you say.

Knowing your own situation, I am sure (from my many happy experiences with PCX) that they would have taken any specific instructions from you about choice of carriers and deliveries etc., and this unfortunate matter might have been avoided. Assuming that it was the carriers who just got this wrong and left a parcel in a vulnerable situation, then it is for them to put the matter right.

Having said this, I was very sorry to hear about this problem and hope that it doesn't entirely spoil your enjoyment of Christmas. Incidentally, I have no association with PCX other than being a very satisfied overseas customer of theirs.

Regards,

I haven't had any problems with them before either. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that it was their error, not following their own standard, to require a signature. That mistake was compounded by the delivery driver not even knocking at my door. There is no way I could have missed a knock, I was literally 5 ft from the door all day waiting for the package.

On a side note, whoever has my package was sorely disappointed, unless they can use tube sockets, and caps, which I doubt the gang bangers who live near me could. It likely ended up in a dumpster or garbage can. :(

I haven't had any problems with them before either. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that it was their error, not following their own standard, to require a signature.

Who's error?

Its the shipping carriers responsible to see that a signature was obtained not Parts Connexions.

Did you specify the shipping carrier? A signature needed? Its not the parts companies responsibility the hold the hand of the shipping carrier is it? I don't think so.... therefore you should change your thread title to Bad experience with Shipping Carrier.

Hi athos56,

I do understand just how annoying a matter like this must be for you, especially as you say that it is not likely to have done anyone else any good in stealing these parts. I also know that it is easy for anyone to be wise after the event, and that you didn't anticipate this happening, and I have no wish to inflame the situation by not agreeing with your stance in this case.

However, like burnedfingers, I still believe that you are blaming the wrong people here.

It is the carrier's responsibility to ensure that the package was delivered to the correct recipient, and the loss to you also results from the dishonesty of your 'neighbours'. They have apparently seen the package being left carelessly outside your abode and have taken advantage of this lack of concern shown by the carriers, and helped themselves, from what you say.

I was sorry to read the title of this thread, especially in view of my own experiences with PCX, and I cannot think that it was the best way of obtaining any reasonable resolution. Maybe there is something to be learned from this unfortunate happening, but to malign PCX publicly in this manner, and suggest that it is their fault that the goods went astray, does not seem to fit well with the facts as you have explained them here.

Did you request and pay for the package to be insured, I wonder, because this should help with any actions against the carriers, and have you approached these carriers about this missing parcel?
You suggest that your several (similar?) previous experiences with attempting to claim from carriers have been fruitless, and I wonder why this has apparently happened several times before as I have never needed to do this. Also, as this type of occurrence leading to claims for missing goods seems to be commonplace for you or in your area, you must have been aware of this potential risk. That being the case, wouldn't it have been a good idea to point this out when the order was made, and agree some safeguards regarding specific methods of carriage etc. with PCX, to help avoid what has gone wrong again?

Once again, I am truly sorry that you have lost these goods, but however annoying this may be, I cannot see any point in blaming the wrong people here as it cannot possibly achieve anything for anyone.

Regards,

A couple of years ago I had to send my sony monitor in for warranty repairs. Sony shipped it back UPS, and while in UPS' possession, they drove a forklift tongue through it. Then they delivered it, placing the box in an obscure corner of my porch, attempting to hide the damage. As if I wouldn't find out!!!
Sony expected me to file a claim, but I insisted it was THEIR contractor that broke it. UPS fought like hell, saying the box wasn't good enough. It was a sony GDM F520, which weighs about 90 pounds. The box is killer, but it's not exactly forklift proof.
Took months, but Sony made good on it after I notified my state rep and the attorney general. I don't like UPS. Sony is also on my list.

I live in a good people neighborhood, so luckily I don't have to worry about packages being stolen. I went to california for a six week dental reconstruction after moving to Arkansas in 1999. I intentionally left my house unlocked, and left the keys to my car in the ignition during the six weeks I was gone. Since I live alone, there was no one here to keep an eye on things. My reasoning was that if anything was molested, then I should move elsewhere. I'm still here. No regrets.

Good luck with your claim. Seems to me that UPS made an error in judgement when leaving your package unattended. Risks have consequences, but how is that your fault? Why is it consequences always end up being paid by innocent victims?
Parts Connexion hired a third party carrier to be their delivery agent. Liability lies between them somewhere.
Any chance it was mis delevered to a neighbor or something?

bad for business

Partsconnection should refund you so as to stay off boards like this, and lets face it, its a small amount in the scheme of things that I bet is factored into the costs of a mailorder bussiness. Besides, surely a company that mails as much as they do has a bit of leverage with a carrier they spend so much money with.

All they need is another post or two like this on diyaudio and theyve got themselves a problem despite the hundreds of recieved parcels.

BTW Ive used them and had no probs.

Partsconnection should refund you so as to stay off boards like this, and lets face it, its a small amount in the scheme of things that I bet is factored into the costs of a mailorder bussiness.

Why should Parts connection be liable for the shipping carriers error? Thats totally wrong.

Took months, but Sony made good on it after I notified my state rep and the attorney general. I don't like UPS. Sony is also on my list.

This is totally wrong also!!!! Who damaged it???? This is BS.

If you take a package to UPS for shipment to another party and it gets damaged then whos fault is it? By some of your twisted lame logic its the manufacturer who produced the goods that are in your box that your trying to ship.

Hell, athos56 there is your answer.... Call the media and demand coverage for the missing parts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.