Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
write an e-mail to Antek

now you know what to ask for

edit: as you can see - with this arrangement , in 4U/400 Modushop case ( again - not just in my neck of wood , Gianluca's products are very hard to beat and dealing with them is always a pleasure) , I didn't need to screen Cinemags ..... and amp is dead as Dodo - without signal

:)

Last edited:
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Zen Mod,

the pictures of your built-to-order SissySIT look somewhat familiar :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Haven't fired up my first channel yet, still PSU connections and input wiring to do, and we have friends staying with us for the weekend, so probably will happen sometime next week ... :)

Best regards, Claas

Attachments

• IMG_3321.jpg
    IMG_3321.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_3324.jpg
    IMG_3324.jpg
    884.5 KB · Views: 679
  • IMG_3325.jpg
    IMG_3325.jpg
    994.5 KB · Views: 638
I see that some users have used polypropylene caps on the power supply, probably to improve the quality of the current. I have some doubts about positioning them because I am worried about the length of the wiring from the boards where the large electrolytics are housed. These wires, if they are long I think they introduce a non-negligible parasitic inductance and that could nullify their introduction. Do you have ideas in this regard? What do you think Zen Mod? I saw that you also adopted them. They are useful?

My SissySIT with unshielded Cinemags is actually quite quiet too, so I am needlessly fussing over nothing. :happy1:
the Cinemag are finally in my hands :)..... I don't know when I'll be able to mount them instead of the Edcors now present. I hope it will be a step forward even if the Sissy does not stop surprising me now

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Zen Mod,

the pictures of your built-to-order SissySIT look somewhat familiar :D

743646d1552829625-babelfish-m25-sissysit-building-tips-tricks-img_3321-jpg

743647d1552829625-babelfish-m25-sissysit-building-tips-tricks-img_3324-jpg

743648d1552829625-babelfish-m25-sissysit-building-tips-tricks-img_3325-jpg

Haven't fired up my first channel yet, still PSU connections and input wiring to do, and we have friends staying with us for the weekend, so probably will happen sometime next week ... :)

Best regards, Claas

Can't tell from pic, what is holding your transforms up? I think I see base of a bracket on one pic. What did you use for bracket?

Also wondering make of caps.

Russellc

Last edited:
Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hallo Ernst,

the inductors are Hammond 156B. 1.5 mH, 5 A, 0.073 Ohms.
Each one will have a bias curent of approx. 2 A going through it, so I think they should be sufficient. ;)

In my Aleph J and M2 (with just one PSU common to both channels) I used Hammond 159ZL, which is 2.5 mH, 10 A, 0.044 Ohms.
I would have liked the bigger choke better for the mono PSUs as well, as the low DC resistance should lead to lower impedance in the power supply.
But I couldn't have fitted four of them into the amp case ... :rolleyes:

Viele Grüße von Düsseldorf nach Köln,
Claas