Babb Lorelei info?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I ask myself whether the Babb drive concept would be useful for NXT´s Balanced Mode Radiator. The voice coil former could be built much shorter with a spiderless design. NXT claim that the mass of the voice coil is irrelevant for the BMR, but that´s hard to believe.

Bending wave vs piston

Our speakers are probably more akin to NXT, Jordan, Bandor, Manger than a typical pistonic drivers where the bending wave of the material is utilized for creating the full frequency response. I am not sure where NXT states that the voice coil weight is irrelevant, it is a very critical part of our design. We are always looking for ways to improve the speakers and the VC is a very important part of that.

The Babb 4" are very nice, we have implemented a couple of changes Alan learned from the Lorelei. I am about to build a small line source (4 on each side) for a home theater for my mom. I am grateful for any pictures of projects completed, if you do not mind my posting on our web-site.

I don't mind at all, but it may be a while as I just discovered the foam surrounds have fallen apart after sitting in the box for 20 years. Looks like a refoaming session is in order before a building session.

I'm sure plenty of folks would like to see a picture of those HT's in here, too.

Tim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.