b k electronics mosfet 100 watt modules

Yeah that looks interesting the F4 trouble is most is in US do I don’t wanna get stung with custom taxes etc. Did it once before thought it was all covered in cost nope. Cost me extra £160 to get it on top of original price.
My first f up drilled holes in heatsink wrong way round rarrrrr. So put away well annoyed. So start again today. Num nut.

F4 is easy to build but needs a preamp with "balls" to sing ( it's a current amplifier) so need a preamp that can swing +/-10V
No need to get parts from the US I sourced all my parts here in the UK and the most difficult parts to get is the little critter pair (2sj74 and 2sk170).
You also have the option to build the "Crippled" F4 that don't use the j74/k170 front end.
Sorry to ear about your board miss app.

Did have a look but could not find any F4 kits. I’ll have another look round. So there must be a build spec schematic parts list for it and best pre amp to go with it. The only pre amp I’ve got is a quad QC2 mono. But need all the impedance sockets to match what your hooking up to. Too expensive. I’ve seen a pioneer A107 only 40 quid so could strip the pre amp out of that think it’s 1978 into early 80s. Seems to be one of those unknowns but you get a lot for your money.
All done what a plonker.

There is a Diy audio store but don't know if they still carry the boards/kit, there was a member selling a parts kit (no board) but I don't think he still does it.
Let's get this show ( your build ) on the road and later talk about something else, my power supply board arrived today and is damaged so it's going back... can't get a break...

Got it right this time. Should think the heatsink bit over kill but should do the job. Decided to do a new inductor slightly longer but about 3mm in diameter smaller so getting same resistance.
I think also as you mentioned I’ll lose the base plates and run the heatsinks along the middle bit like your rocket ha.
I’ll have to make up a new heatsink for other side. More work ew. Good fun though.

Attachments

• 84E83951-2FCB-4C21-9A94-6A4BA0DE1CC8.jpg
    84E83951-2FCB-4C21-9A94-6A4BA0DE1CC8.jpg
    984.8 KB · Views: 100
Aw nightmare that really grinds me when that happens. You wait ages and one it don’t turn up or damaged roar. Then all messing around to get replacement.

I bought this one from an UK seller because it was national so quicker to delivery but no it tuck 2 week to get here and on top of that damaged.
I should had gone with the one from China but I didn't wanted to wait...

It probably would have been quicker from China. The longest I've ever waited is 2 weeks that's economy shipping.
I ordered those TO126 heatsinks from France only took 3 days.
Worst one is RS I've ordered gear got me free delivery always comes next day then you realise you've forgot one item. Ew know how ya feel.

Oh deary me tried my lead free solder absolutely crap you need the iron at 400 just to get it to melt and as soon as it chills off goes rock hard. So back to my lead solder today. Bought these Boards FR4 2mm thick and 2oz copper sealed and gold plated. Not bad aye. Be interesting project plus need a cabinet plus a descent transformer. I’d assume 500va 18-0-18 15 amp? Since it’s purely current run.

Tried on DIY Store but wanted a £1,000,000 in postage because I had not spent $200 something to do with brexit. Christ I could buy into an electronics firm for that.

Attachments

• FB1D80A5-8428-493B-82D6-3EA75EF7A14A.jpeg
    FB1D80A5-8428-493B-82D6-3EA75EF7A14A.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 90
  • D78F1E5A-BE68-4A6E-8A67-38F4E6AF2733.jpeg
    D78F1E5A-BE68-4A6E-8A67-38F4E6AF2733.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 93
Well all components on board. Just need to remove the Ali mounting plates then mount boards onto chassis as well as the trannys then fire up see what happens. That’s tomorrow now. One thing I should’ve done is drilled holes as I went also by making the tracks bigger meant that the spacing for the legs on the transistors where too far apart oversight on my side. So lesson learnt there. Had to spread legs so they are sitting quite high of board. Other thing the yFr4 board 2mm not usual 1.6mm which again did not take into consideration. So a few things learnt and to take into consideration next time.
Managed to get two power amps for next to nothing so will have the pre amp boards out plus hoping the transformers are big enough for my F5 project plus the chassis two to choose from. Cheaper than buying the bits new for sure.