AWDSP8X - 4way stereo DSP2DAC board with ADAU1452

It has Henry Audio DAC's USB interface, but I am mainly interested now in SPDIF input.

Attachments

• 2024-03-26_153528.png
    2024-03-26_153528.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 2024-03-26_153333.png
    2024-03-26_153333.png
    275 KB · Views: 67
Yes, all the power clocking is on:
1711615307682.png

When I put LRCLK and BCLK in master mode, there is an output signal, but sampling frequency does not match the input sampling frequency from SPDIF, and there is nothing on SDATA line (verified with scope). I guess then some processing needs to be done, cannot just pass it through DSP with original sampling rate? I was under impression that slave mode is to DSP internal clock, and not to an external DAC.
1711615750218.png

I am simply trying to pass SPDIF input signal to SDATAOUT(0-4) pins.

Last edited:
When I put LRCLK and BCLK in master mode, there is an output signal, but sampling frequency does not match the input sampling frequency from SPDIF, and there is nothing on SDATA line (verified with scope).
This is how it should be, your DSP operates at its internal frequency, which is why you use ASRC to receive an SPDIF signal. If you receive spdif directly without ASRC, then you will have frequency desynchronization between the chipboard and the spdif source.
I guess then some processing needs to be done, cannot just pass it through DSP with original sampling rate?
When the SPDIF is decoded by the DSP and passed through ASRC, the sampling frequency of the signal in the DSP will be the one that you set in the Sigma Studio project, this is very convenient when you need to receive a signal with different sampling rates, ASRC will make sure that the frequency of the signal inside the DSP is the one that needed. As a result, when you output a signal to the I2S port you need to take this fact into account. The frequency of the project is decisive and you need to start from it when you output sound to the I2S port.
Later I will run I2S on my board in master mode and tell you about the result.

I checked the i2S output on my board as a master, everything works according to logic. The frequency on all I2S pins is present according to the settings in Sigma Studio, and there is also a data stream on the SDATA pin. I have attached the project file, but look carefully, the PLL settings in the file are for my board, not yours.

Attachments

• I2S Master.rar
    19.3 KB · Views: 15
Dont think you can do that easily. Internal sample rate is set in firmware, cant change it on the fly. So in theory you could have external mcu load appropriate firmware (with filter coefficients for this sample rate) to DSP when spdif sample rate change is detected. Not sure if there is other way

Reactions: 1 users