Awaiting "Snow-ma-geddon"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got 40 gallons of gas for the generator, plenty of wood for the fireplace:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I am dreading the supermarket.

Yesterday, on I-80 driving back to NJ I noted probably a hundred bucket trucks heading our way from Ohio, Indiana and Michigan. Tree service trucks coming from Ohio, Indiana and Virginia.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm right smack dab in the middle of it now, took the jeep out and had a little fun, almost got lost in my own town, vis is near zero, and most of the roads are unrecognizable....should be fun shovelling tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2013-02-08 21:54:58.png
    Screenshot from 2013-02-08 21:54:58.png
    197.1 KB · Views: 75
We didn't get as much as the TV said we would, no surprise there. The local Ford store has plenty of new cars in stock.....you can choose any color you like as long as it is white.

The snow stopped yesterday, and the Chrysler dealership cleaned off the row of cars along the main street, but the Ford dealer did not. The lot is still covered, and it doesn't even look like anyone has tried to blow it off. It's 12 degrees outside with no wind.....it isn't going to go away by itself.

I guess I am busted, because I have a Honda? I don't know, it was just an observation.....which continued today. I went to the gym this morning at 7AM to beat the onslaught of Snowpocalypse part III as the local TV put it. They promised sleet and freezing rain starting at 8AM. So did the Weather Channel APP on my iPad. It is now 1PM and I am not even wet yet. In defense of the TV weatherman, it does look like the northern tip of the state (in their viewing area) has been covered by ugly stuff all morning.

My morning trip to the gym takes me by the Ford store before it opens. Today most of their cars in the lot are still snow covered. I didn't go by the Chrysler store.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.