New Issue Avatar idea

A new issue that has not yet been assigned a status
Is the color of the background behind the user initial a random color, or has it some meaning? If random, I would recommend to give it some meaning. Some ideas:
Time since registration: greeen = less than 1 year, yellow = less than 5 year, red = less than 10 year, blue = more than 10 year.
Or it could refer to the geographic location (continent: Europe, North America, Asia, etc.)
Or it could refer to the number of posts since registration. Or it could indicate the time since last seen online (green = currently online, yellow = online in the last 24 hours, red = online in the last week, etc.)

Account Closed
Joined 2018
My avatar was done by me, a colorful warning symbol for dangerous electricity.
I would think that members should be allowed (within reason) to make or use their own preferred design, and not adhere to some standard imposed design.
I'm all for Freedom Of Choice, despite what the world seems to insist on these days.
Call me a rebel, a free spirit type of guy.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Colour does not seem to atttach to the letter.

T1.png
T2.png
T3.png

J1.png
J3.png

E1.png
E2.png

M1.png
M2.png

dave

Attachments

• T4.png
    T4.png
    748 bytes · Views: 64

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
A 2-second hover on the member name or avatar will show the 'location'.

A LOT of members do not put anything in this field.

This "smart" forum software attempts to "map" the reported location. "From Marin County, California" and "Maine USA" map appropriately. I have seen others which freak-out the map algorithm.

I do agree that a static flag is more useful, for this crowd, than hovering and click-mapping.

But it is all moot unless we get more members putting the data in their profile. (The software "could" locate you by IP, the way the "Hot women in {your town}" sites do, but that is wrong on several levels.)