Autotek sm3500.1 issue!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Again, I was hoping that you'd see the LED flash which would mean that the comparator was triggering the protection circuit.

Try installing the LED in place of Q4. The negative of the LED would go to the Q4 base pad. The resistor would go to the Q4 emitter pad.

Does that flash the LED when you'd expect the amp to go into protect?

Perry so I think it might have been a bad connection or stray solder fragments because after reflowing the output card. I found tiny little solder fragments in between resistors etc on the board and also when taking the card off the main board there was more Excessive solder under the header on the card. So I cleaned all of it up before the test you asked me to do so maybe that's what it was because its been totally fine since no shutting down and the popping quit. Even after putting new transistors in q2&q4 the old ones tested fine but I changed them anyways And after putting q4 in the pop noise went away.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.