Auto Transformer - safety advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just ordered this to lower my 240v mains to 220v for use with a Yaqin MC-100B as I didn't fancy attempting to build a buck transformer:

Block | Transformers | Transformers | Auto Transformers | Portable, Chassis, Wall Mounting & Floor Standing |AIM 5.0/2.5

Since placing the order I've noticed a few warnings about the dangers of using auto transformers and on the above web page it does state that, "these units do NOT provide isolation from the main." So please can someone advise what I need to do (or not do) to use this safely? Thanks.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I've just ordered this to lower my 240v mains to 220v for use with a Yaqin MC-100B as I didn't fancy attempting to build a buck transformer:

Block | Transformers | Transformers | Auto Transformers | Portable, Chassis, Wall Mounting & Floor Standing |AIM 5.0/2.5

Since placing the order I've noticed a few warnings about the dangers of using auto transformers and on the above web page it does state that, "these units do NOT provide isolation from the main." So please can someone advise what I need to do (or not do) to use this safely? Thanks.

This is not an issue for your application, it would be an issue if you were using it on the bench and expected the isolation for safety reasons.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.