Autism and Responses to Auditory Stimuli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For example, while watching a movie at a cinema I was seriously distracted by distortion I heard from one of the wall mounted speakers. I could immediately sense it and I quickly identified the particular speaker out of the dozen or so there that was malfunctioning. It wasn’t obtusely malfunctioning but I could hear the distortion during various loud scenes or complex passages from either a bad or loose driver. I asked someone sitting next to me, who has excellent hearing (probably better than my own), if they noticed it and they had no idea what I was talking about even after identifying for them the particular speaker with the issue and coaching them on what to listen for. They were able to enjoy the movie blissfully without distraction. For me it was impossible to filter out, not because of audiophile neurosis, but because I just respond innately to this- it was present for me as a child well before I began on this hobby.

That is me to a t.
I could fill a book with stories just like that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.