Audiopipe 3K

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure about this amp... never worked on an Audiopipe amp before, let alone a dual board 3K (2 1.5k's strapped internally).

When remote power is applied nothing happens. No power light, no protect light. Nothing. I was told one board stopped working a bit ago, now, nothing from either.

The slave seems to have drive and output waves. Not sure if anything else is up with it yet. The master seems to be doing nothing. There is no voltage on the 494, its doing nothing at all.

I'm not sure where the remote gets connected to master from the slave. What else could cause this? There are so many little smd things on here, lol. Anyone come across a similar incident?

Attachments

• DSC01031.JPG
    DSC01031.JPG
    591.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC01032.JPG
    DSC01032.JPG
    962 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC01034.JPG
    DSC01034.JPG
    935.7 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC01035.JPG
    DSC01035.JPG
    924.4 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC01036.JPG
    DSC01036.JPG
    948.2 KB · Views: 76
Treat that as 2 separate amps because it is. Consider the board with the input/pre-amp as primary and the board with the power/output the secondary. Look for bad solder joints, broken component legs, the basics. First thing is to get the 494's running and see what kind of current it pulls. Are there any visually burnt components?

OK so, even though the slave amp seems to have square waves on the outputs, they test as being shorted. Pins 1-2 0 ohms, 1-3 10K ohms, 2-3 0 ohms pulsing when tested in the circuit. On all the outputs in both banks. The master side outputs give relatively normal readings.

I hate that I know very little about these internally strapped amps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.