Audiobahn 34"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

the Fostex is not good because it is a very expensive Fostex.

It is good because

- the driver has a perfect production quality
- the (TS) parameter are outstanding (esp. Qts, fs, cms and mms)
- the frequenzy band ist very linear
- the sound is .... (I have no words for that)

yesterday I (T) hab typical dialog with a friend of mine (F):

F: can you switch the woofer on?
T: it is on
F: but I cant hear it. My woofer at home is louder and has more bass
T: it play like it should play. Your woofer is too loud.
F: But I like bass. And here I am missing bass
(at this time Nils Loftgreen - acoustic live is playing)
T: I can show you the difference between with and without the woofer. What kind of music would u like?
F: something with bass!! Have you got Techno?
T: In Techno is no bass. Do you know In The Nursery? or Yello? or Wahnfried?
F: I know Yellow but none of the others
T: OK Yello is good. I have 4 CDs from them. Do you know the BABY?
F: Yes, but there is not a very deep bass on it.
T: you`ll see.
I switched the Fostex off and choosed the song #9 - blender
F: That is a nice bass but you can hear a deeper part and you dont hear it here. You can only imagine it.
T: Just wait.
stopped the music and switched the FW800 on
F: the woofer was off?
T: yes
F: ahh ok
used the same song
F: that is not really more bass
after one minute
F: HOLLY ****!! What is that?
T: (smiling)a real woofer
F: Now that is a bass. Deep, conrtolled like mine at home
T: (thinking: yeah right your two 8" woofer can play as deep as this 31")
F: have you got something else?
T: jupp
next CD: Richard Wahnfried (aka Klaus Schulze) - Drums's'Balls - half an hour nothing
F: that is cool. Can you please turn the woofer off?
T: sure
turned the woofer off, so only the two 12" playing in a TML
F: hmmm nothing left.

He left 3 hours later. I would like to know what i thought when he switched his stereo on. :bawling: or :confused: ?

The bass from the FW800 is never obtrusively. It fills the music with bass when there is bass on the CD/LP. I can't hear without anymore. I never thought that I would miss bass with my 15" or 12"in a TML. But that 31" is an other world

here is on of the back

Attachments

• 80er_11.jpg
    80er_11.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 903
Hi

of course it would be a lot better placing the driver in a sealed, stiff volume. Thart was just a first try to see what the driver can do. I have planed to build an enclosure for the woofer. But first I want to find out what the right volume is.

I also think that I will need minimum 6-8cm for the box thickness.

I expect more control, details and better sound quallity (and a big hole in my wallet).

Till

Roemhild said:
Hi

of course it would be a lot better placing the driver in a sealed, stiff volume. Thart was just a first try to see what the driver can do. I have planed to build an enclosure for the woofer. But first I want to find out what the right volume is.

I also think that I will need minimum 6-8cm for the box thickness.

I expect more control, details and better sound quallity (and a big hole in my wallet).

Till

Awesome, are you planning to use this for movies?

blake_mooney said:

Awesome, are you planning to use this for movies?

Yes, right now I also have 6 PASS ALEPH-X that I am building for my home-cinema-system.

But I have no idea what speakers I will use for the rest. Maybe 2x Fostex F163 and the Fostex W300A-II in a frontloaded horn for the front and the center and rear just with a FP163 in a FL-horn. But I will see as soon as I got the amps ready.

Attachments

• aleph-x.jpg
    aleph-x.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 649
Roemhild said:

Yes, right now I also have 6 PASS ALEPH-X that I am building for my home-cinema-system.

But I have no idea what speakers I will use for the rest. Maybe 2x Fostex F163 and the Fostex W300A-II in a frontloaded horn for the front and the center and rear just with a FP163 in a FL-horn. But I will see as soon as I got the amps ready.

Ah I see. What frequency are you gonna tune the sub down to?

Hi Oliver

yes I have tried the Fostex free air. We have placed the FW800 between the FX-horns and it was amazing what happend. Suddenly there was a complete fundament (??) in the music. It got better withe the OB-wall and now playing in the "room-encolsure" it is even better.

You are from bavaria? Would you like to listen to it? I live near Stuttgart. Do you know Maximilian (called mm2 in german forums)? Maybe you get a chance to come with him.

regards Till

my wife would kill me if a got that thing... didn't clarion make a 32" back in the late 90's?

Hi sid,

first I had to explain my girlfriend that this is just a try and only for the weekend. After the first 5 min with music she agreed that I can keep the sub when we design it better.

But how can you hide a sub like this? I have no ideas.

I don't know if clarion made a 32" but it is possible.

regards Till

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.