Audio Nirvana 8" Classic+ Alnico anybody?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not really I'm afraid.

Firstly I should point out that the frugel horns are not dipoles. They are back loaded horns, that (like a reasonable proportion of back loaded horns) have a rear-firing terminus and are designed for boundary loading. That is very different from a dipole. Unfortunately, there is also no frugel horn enclosure that the AN will work in. I know, because I designed them. ;)

Expanding a little, being a relatively high Q unit, the AN model in question here is not very well suited to horn loading. You can, in the same way that every driver can be to a point, but it's a question of practicality & utility. The mass corner frequency, which is the practical upper 'limit' for enclosure loading is 137.4Hz for this unit; that's quite low & doesn't need a back horn. Due to the relatively high Q & moderate Fs, Vas, it already wants a large box for a reasonable 'standard' vented alignment and a horn would even larger (impractically large in most cases).

Last edited:
I'm quite a fan of the BVR - at least I liked all your designs based on the novelty of approach although I didn't hear any of them. My Martello desktop speaker has a little bit of BVR going on, call it a SVR :D ... it was based on something from Henkjan I think. So a BVR for this AN could be interesting. Perhaps an MLTL loaded by a big-vent would allow somebody to claim all the features at once !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.