Audio electronics design course - Linear Audio Academy!

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Dear Friends,

You must have noted that I can't stop myself to explain stuff in the field of audio design.
That is something inside me, and it needed an outlet.
So I decided to take the plunge and set up a course for people who want to learn to design audio electronics.
I have secured a classroom in a local educational organisation in the Belgian city of Hasselt.
That is at the Belgian-Dutch border and I hope to get students from that (wider) area.

We will start end of October, and basically have classes two Saturdays per month until next June.
I have selected a first project (design, build and test a phono preamp).
We will go the whole mile designing the circuit, some basic simulation for verification, a PCB layout, building the unit and measuring the final performance.
The goal is that all participants will have a completed unit at the end of the course.

I have a basic website where all is explained and where you can sign up for the course: linearaudio.academy
The website is in Dutch as that is the language spoken in the area, and needs some more work the coming time but the basics are all there.

So, if you know somebody (or yourself) who might be interested in this, please forward this info.
At any rate, I plan to document our progress here.

Jan

Reactions: 14 users
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I consider this first year as a test case, sort off.
An online version or a combination is a distinct possibility; there shouldn't be a problem to do it in English.
I understand there's a lot of Americans that speak English too :cool:
But for an online version I should have a dedicated person doing all the video stuff.
The future is open!

Jan

Reactions: 3 users
+1 for a dedicated video person should you choose to go that route. If you go that route I'd look into one of the video hosting platforms that allow for a subscription or other paid access to the content. Make the content available only to paying customers so you can collect enough beer money to pay for the video person (and editing). Just a thought.

Tom

Reactions: 1 user
Jan, you can not start like this:
1703121469188.png

Jan,

You will certainly get many more than one student, if you would only do it online.
Just see the response here.
Your audience is international.
And even BBC does most of its interviews online these days.
Corona has changed the world.

I am sure we all hope you would reconsider.

Patrick

Reactions: 1 user