• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Audio Alchemy DDE 1.0 Not Working $6.00

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For sale is an audio alchemy DDE version 1.0 (not working) with power supply (appears to work). This is an early DAC from AA. The DAC is not working but for some reason the digital inputs and outputs work, just the analog outputs are nonworking. So overall, don't expect this to work.

I figure someone could use the small case and/or PS for a DIY preamp or DAC or other project. Price is $6.00 plus $8.00 shipping...total is $14 including shipping in USA. Pay via paypal.

Thanks. Pics are included.

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 257
  • Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 249
  • PS.JPG
    PS.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 240
Sorry all, I hit the books as soon as I got home and thought I'd check here before bed! Could I maybe get an idea of the shiped box size and weight to figure out a shipping quote?

I'm fairly profficient in microelectronics repair and I'd love to have the chance to play with it and get into DACs in some way but if you find it isn't worth the trouble to ship then who am I to say boo.

Thanks ever so kindly for the offer on the forum and for waiting for my word; common courtesies are something that's lost on many forum members on many boards I've been on over the years. It's extremely refreshing and fulfilling reading the posts above.

Best,
Philip.

Last edited:
Sorry all, I hit the books as soon as I got home and thought I'd check here before bed! Could I maybe get an idea of the shiped box size and weight to figure out a shipping quote?

I'm fairly profficient in microelectronics repair and I'd love to have the chance to play with it and get into DACs in some way but if you find it isn't worth the trouble to ship then who am I to say boo.

Thanks ever so kindly for the offer on the forum and for waiting for my word; common courtesies are something that's lost on many forum members on many boards I've been on over the years. It's extremely refreshing and fulfilling reading the posts above.

Best,
Philip.

No problem.

I'll check monday to see if it fits in a $11 fixed rate small box unless someone knows the dimensions (I left it at work).

Priority Mail® International Small Flat Rate Box* [More info about Priority Mail® International Small Flat Rate Box*]
Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
USPS Supplied Small Box: 8 5/8" x 5 3/8" x 1 5/8".
Maximum weight 4 pounds.
6 - 10 business days
$11

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi thefragger, boywonder,
I used to repair those under warranty. The most likely fault is a dead regulator IC. They overheated because of poor heat transfer to the heat sink, and also a complete lack of airflow. Easy fix unless you damage the PCB.

Consider creating some air slots in the casework for ventilation. That goes for all Audio Alchemy products in this form factor.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.