Audax AM21LB25ALBC 8" Paper Cone Full Range new at Madisound!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, this is the manufacturers data sheet design. It states that bracing should be placed in two places, but for some reason it does not say that on this diagram.

Dave, if you would recommend a MLTL for this driver what would it look like?

You say wider would be better, could one just modify this design and add bracing?

50L vented box looks the best, for group delay. HF- at high inductance of the coil, not much, but maybe it sounds good.

Attachments

• AM21LB25ALBC.png
    AM21LB25ALBC.png
    497.8 KB · Views: 198
Just stumbled across this thread...
I remember the driver from the test/feature in HobbyHifi back then...

The case that planet10 suggested looks fine to me and will boost the lower midrange some (baffle step).
So it needs to be measured again in the final case (as always) and then you can decide about the neccessary network (notch filter).

The response has quite a dip in the upper midrange that will be even deeper when you try to adjust the bump @3.5kHz that most likely will be too "hot".
But a suitable notch will take care of that and can be adjusted to your liking by changing just the resistor (within reason).
I would probably also tame the rising response at 8kHz because the 30 degree response is rising as well...

@mctavish... when you need help with your french I will be happy to assist. ;)
Bonne continuation!

Wow! That was fast! :D

Thanks Dave, GM, and everyone else.

I wont be able to buy any wood until next week, but then its on!

I will make sure to take pics of the build. I am really curious to see how this compares to the Fostex FF225k that I have now, and the Fe203en and FE206esr that I have had...

The Seas Fa22rcz that I had was also one of my Favourites.

From the build quality and features though I feel these might be better than the others. I have had them breaking in and they are very detailed and musical, not to much high frequency energy as the datasheet would suggest.

I think the key here is the dampening applied to the cone and whizzer and the phase plug. Both of which are missing on the Fostexes and the Seas.....

Thanks! Looks fine to me except missing port offset [P0]: ~60*0.848 = ~50.88" [7/8"] down or ~9.12" [1/8"] up [i.d.].

What with all the different drivers available these days combined with folks wanting myriad HxWxD combinations, kind of surprised you don't have generic online drawings for the [3] basic [ML] TLs with A/B/C/etc., dims for us to just post a chart.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.