Audacity and converting LPs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I should mention that Windows10 audio is a bit fussy. You did not mention where "on the computer" you are plugging the audio cable. It should go to the "LINE IN" jack on the PC. Then you should select "LINE IN" as source in the Audacity interface, and be sure to move the MIC LEVEL to mid point as a starting point.

Update: After a couple of failed attempts to borrow a receiver locally, my brother was passing through and brought his Onkyo A-15 (early to mid 80s?). We connected everything similar to how it had been with my Ultrx receiver (REC out via adapter cable to LINE IN on PC sound card).

I got audio into Audacity and was able to record, adjust levels, etc. So this is a big improvement over my Ultrx receiver which apparently has a bad REC OUT output.

While the audio is OK, there is a warbling sound (sort of like reverb, perhaps). Has anyone experienced something like that? Is there a setting in Audacity that I should enable or disable? Thanks!

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Difficult to advise without actually being in front of it. Make sure any microphone is turned off or disabled, and make sure you have the correct inputs selected on your PC. Right click the sound icon and right click the window. Enable the hidden options so it looks like this.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 69
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.