Attachment identification

Hey all,
I picked up a box of misc swag from a garage sale and acquired this attachment (pics below) that I have no idea what it is. It measures 16k ohms at the tip and 32k ohms at the ring, but I can't get it to do anything. I plugged it into the input of an amp thinking it might be a transducer but got no sounds. Then I thought, hey it's probably a transducer
and plugged it into a speaker jack, played some music, and started touching various solid objects thinking it might transfer sound... but got nothing there either. So it's either broken or I just have no clue how to use it / don't have what it hooks into. Anybody have any idea what it is?
Thanks in advance!


  • unknown.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 16k32k.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 96
Have you tried applying a small AC voltage (say 10 - 100mVrms @ 1kHz) between tip and sleeve and seeing what if anything appears on the ring relative to sleeve?

Perhaps this is an audio transformer of some sort? Or something entirely different.

No, I haven't tried applying any voltages to it. I don't have a variable AC source I could do that with.